StrayCats Updater (V1.43)
Welcome to the StrayCats Update! Please read this notecard before proceeding to use the updater!
This Update is not huge. We think it is great though, and well worth doing.
We strongly encourage it for better performance. But, it is not absolutely necessary.
• Improved communications between the cats and the server
• Code streamlining
• Updated Menu information
• Corrected inverted shells (backward logos)
• Points - now only a "Stray Cat' destiny option. All points will be consolidated into one. The Scriptor has consolidated all points data now. Both the former ‘Home” points and “Stray” points, are now counted together as one.
1) Rez the updater on the ground.
2) Place your cats or shells (one type at a time) near the updater in the red circle.
3) Click for Menu (Cats or Shells)
4) Let it update until it the counting text is gone.
Cats - Updates LIVE cats
Shells - Updates Unborn kittens
Note about Unborn Kitten updating:
Do a few at a time, this tends to be finicky on bulk amounts of unborn kittens. If you have a lot of unborn kittens, it may be safer to update them as you need them.
DO NOT PICK UP THE UPDATER UNTIL YOU ARE CERTAIN THE CATS AND/OR UNBORN KITTENS HAVE FINISHED UPDATING! CHECK OVER ALL CATS AND UNBORN KITTENS TO MAKE SURE THEY SAY THE NEWEST VERSION.
If your updater shows that it hasn't progressed but all your shells/unborn kittens are updated, it is most likely a visual error on the updater. To double check, simply click and see if it asks to cancel the update. The last cat in an update may take up to a few minutes due to SIM lag.
- Pregnant Cats WILL update and will produce their kitten if they had the pregnancy timers at 0 - pregnancies should not be lost. If you feel a pregnancy was lost you will need to use our ticket service or contact Nicolyti Resident inworld for further assistance. The females will lose between 0-6 hours in the pregnancy term however, depending on when the cats last ‘spoke’ with the server. Be prepared.
- Cats may duplicate as SL can interfere with the updater. It may clone the cats and/or unborn kittens during the update. If the cat with purple text saying '' This is a duplicated cat. if you have the latest copy, you can safely delete this cat. if you do not please contact support. ''
if you do have 2 (cats or shells) simply re-rezz them and one will show duplicated and the duplicated one you can delete safely. if you only have 1 which says duplicated you will need to place a support ticket for further assistance.
- Food V2 will work with new version of cats! No need to update the food.
- Be sure to use your HUD to set your cats range/home locations, text, etc. as they are reset in the update.
-You will notice that the cats revert to small kitten size. It will take about an hour, and they will go back to normal size.
About Updating Your Cats